Here’s a simple recipe for making cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk and beating until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost and decorate the cupcakes as desired.
Enjoy your homemade cupcakes!